East Baton Rouge Construction Process
Stages of Construction
Stage One: Preconstruction and Permit Application
You’ve made the big decision.
- Building Agreement is signed and now, just a few more choices will start you on the path to homeownership.
- You will make all exterior and interior color and material selections.
- Our construction team will request all required building permits.
- The lot is cleared of sod and any trees.
This should take 21 days.
Stage Two: Foundation
Plotting, plumbing and pouring.
- Foundation formwork is laid out as per plot map and construction plans.
- Foundation will be inspected by our land surveyor in order to confirm measurements and placement.
- Rough plumbing is installed and inspected.
- The form is trenched, and all the structural components are installed.
- Foundation is inspected by the city inspectors and by our quality control team.
- Foundation, floor, garage, and porches are poured.
This should take 11 days.
Stage Three: Framing
Your house and your dreams begin to take shape.
- Lumber is delivered.
- Our carpenters frame all walls, ceiling joists, and rafters and build all window and door openings.
- Roof decking is installed, and it is covered.
- Window and exterior doors are installed.
- Exterior trim and siding is installed.
- Fireplace is installed.
This should take 9 days.
Stage Four: Interior and Exterior Rough
The interior starts to take shape. There are many inspections to make sure everything is done just right.
- Heating and air conditioning rough-in is completed.
- Plumbing top out is completed.
- Electrical rough-in is completed.
- Cable, phone and alarm wiring are installed.
- Asphalt shingles are installed.
- Framing, mechanical, plumbing and electrical is inspected by the city inspectors and by our quality control team.
This should take 6 days.
Stage Five: Interior and Exterior Finish - Pt. 1
Finishing from top to bottom and everything in between.
- Insulation and poly seal are installed.
- Drywall is installed and inspected by our quality control team.
- The walls and ceiling are textured after the drywall is taped and sanded.
- Cabinets are installed.
- Interior doors, crown molding, baseboards and closet shelving are installed.
This should take 12 days.
Stage Six: Interior and Exterior Finish - Pt. 2
Finally…we see interior colors!
- Painters paint the first exterior and interior coat.
- Tile flooring is installed.
- Kitchen counter tops and backsplash is installed and polished.
- Bath counters are installed and prepared for plumbing fixture install.
- The exterior brick and stucco is installed and finished.
- Pour driveway, walkways, sidewalks and patio.
This should take 9 days.
Stage Seven: Interior and Exterior Finish - Pt. 3
Send the fixtures!
- Install A/C return, supply fixtures and thermostat. Install condenser unit.
- Plumbing, light fixtures and appliances are installed.
- Wood flooring and carpet is installed, and all door, bath and cabinet hardware is now completed.
- Our quality control team inspects drywall to prepare for second coat.
- Exterior grading is finished, and color is applied to stucco.
- Final inspection is performed by the city inspectors and by our quality control team.
This should take 8 days.
Stage Eight: Detail Finish
Let’s turn on the lights!
- Exterior and interior second coat of paint is applied.
- The interior of your home is cleaned.
- Landscape and sod are installed.
- Power, gas and water are turned on, and all systems are checked by our quality control team and subcontractors.
- Our quality control team performs a detail inspection and prepares a list of punch list items.
- You attend a homeowner orientation and walk-thru with our quality control team.
- Punch list items are addressed by our delivery crews.
- Detailed clean-up is performed.
This should take 8 days. Then closing takes place!